Re: dashboard with grafana embedding in 16.2.6

Hi Jake,

AFAIC there were a couple of reasons why we changed that:

   - Now, with Cephadm, you can easily deploy a highly-available monitoring
   stack (needs a bit of polishing yet though). If, for example, you extend
   the Prometheus instance count to 2 or 3, Cephadm will automatically
   configure extra data sources accordingly (named Dashboard2, Dashboard3,
   etc.).
   - The other one is that using "default" basically broke migrations from
   pre-Cephadm, and in environments where the "default" datasource was other
   than Prometheus. I remember that a Grafana issue prevented users from
   renaming the default data source under some circumstances (I think, when
   created via the provisioning API).

That said, in the Ceph Dashboard the embedded Grafana URL is hardcoded to
"Dashboard1", so we could add a setting to customize that if required.

Kind Regards,
Ernesto