From: Etienne Menguy <etienne.menguy@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: 22 September 2021 12:17:39
To: ceph-users
Subject:  Re: Why set osd flag to noout during upgrade ?

Hello,

>From my experience, I see three reasons :
- You don’t want to recover data if you already have them on a down OSD, rebalancing can have a big impact on performance
- If upgrade/maintenance goes wrong you will want to focus on this issue and not have to deal with things done by Ceph meanwhile.
- During an upgrade you have an ‘unusual’ cluster with different versions. It’s supposed to work, but you probably want to keep it ‘boring’.

-
Etienne Menguy
etienne.menguy@xxxxxxxx