Re: radosgw manual deployment

Hi Eugen,

1. I'm running on a test cluster manually installed under debian 10;

2. No container at all;

3. To install rados gateway I followed instructions here: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_ceph_storage/3/html/installation_guide_for_red_hat_enterprise_linux/manually-installing-ceph-object-gateway

4. Following the instructions in 3. everything run fine if the gateway is installed on the mon1 host;

5. If i follow the same instructions in 3. to install the gateway on a different machine, rados gateway run, can be queried by a web browser (that's mean: is online and listening) but cannot be interfaced with dashboard;

6. rgw_dns_name! Cool question! If you follow what indicated on the link in 3.:

rgw dns name = <obj_gw_hostname>.example.com
Where <obj_gw_hostname> is a short host name of the gateway node. To view the short host name, use the hostname -s command.

But if you go to https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/radosgw/config-ref/#confval-rgw_dns_name:

rgw_dns_name

The DNS name of the served domain. See also the hostnames setting within regions.

So: I have to indicate the hostname or the DNS (name or address) for the domain?

I think 99% of the confusion is due to VERY POOR documentation!!

Thanks for help.

Francesco