Re: we're living in 2005.

> Hi Marc, seems like you had a bad night's sleep right?

No, no, no I am really like that all the time ;)

> it is really hard to find support or
> solutions online.

What do you even mean by this?

> Also the documentation page is lacking explaining
> basic knowledge about Ceph concepts which would be helpful for
> newcomers.

Lets say I have linux sysadmin background, if you have that, you have it up and running quickly. Recently I installed a test cluster. After reading my manual for the new server install, I am still surprised how easily and quickly you can have a 3 node cluster, with 3 osds, 1 mon, 1 mgr and 1 mds online.
Now they are trying to push this container solution, which I do not get. Then you have to learn ceph and learn about containers.

> it almost feels like Ceph is a closed source solution or not used by
> many from the search results I get.

Who cares how many use it. If cern and nasa are using it, it is good enough for me.

> Are they too focused on having Ceph consultants to fix your problems or
> do they actually want to build a community to share knowledge?

I am also a little worried about this strategy. You can see also that redhat is putting it's information pages behind a login. Now they cancelled CentOS. What is next to come, pffff