Re: Nautilus 14.2.19 mon 100% CPU

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 3:41 PM Brad Hubbard <bhubbard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sure Robert,
>
> I understand the realities of maintaining large installations which
> may have many reasons holding them back from upgrading any of the
> interdependent software they run. The other side of the page however
> is that we can not support releases indefinitely as each additional
> supported release places a huge burden on limited dev, support, and QA
> resources. We try to strike a balance but it's not "one size fits all"
> unfortunately.

I do appreciate the considerable effort that allows for such massive
backwards compatibility, so I want to make sure I'm not coming off
ungrateful or anything like that. I know it takes a lot of effort to
maintain software for such old systems. We are spending far too much
time maintaining old machines, so we understand. At least there is the
FUSE client from Luminous that we can deploy on 14.04, still better
than the Jewel or Hammer compatibility of the kernel from 14.04. Life
and safety systems are alway so difficult to make changes to.

Do you think it would be possible to build Nautilus FUSE or newer on
14.04, or do you think the toolchain has evolved too much since then?

Thanks,
Robert LeBlanc