Re: Nautilus 14.2.19 mon 100% CPU

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 9:37 PM Dan van der Ster <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 8:39 PM Robert LeBlanc <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 11:49 AM Dan van der Ster <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks. I didn't see anything ultra obvious to me.
> > >
> > > But I did notice the nearfull warnings so I wonder if this cluster is
> > > churning through osdmaps? Did you see a large increase in inbound or
> > > outbound network traffic on this mon following the upgrade?
> > > Totally speculating here, but maybe there is an issue where you have
> > > some old clients, which can't decode an incremental osdmap from a
> > > nautilus mon, so the single mon is busy serving up these maps to the
> > > clients.
> > >
> > > Does the mon load decrease if you stop the osdmap churn?, e.g. by
> > > setting norebalance if that is indeed ongoing.
> > >
> > > Could you also share debug_ms = 1 for a minute of busy cpu mon?
> >
> > Here are the new logs with the debug_ms=1 for a bit.
> > https://owncloud.leblancnet.us/owncloud/index.php/s/1hvtJo3s2oLPpWn
>
> Something strange in this is there is one hammer client that is asking
> for nearly a million incremental osdmaps, seemingly every 30s:
>
>     client.131831153 at 172.16.212.55 is asking for incrementals from
> 1170448..1987355 (see [1])
>
> Can you try to evict/kill/block that client and see if your mon load drops?

Before you respond, just noting here ftr that i think there's a
possible issue with OSDMonitor::get_removed_snaps_range and clients
like this.

    https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/v14.2.19/src/mon/OSDMonitor.cc#L4193

Called by send_incremental:

    https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/v14.2.19/src/mon/OSDMonitor.cc#L4152

When building the incremental it will search the mon's rocksdb for
removed snaps across those ~million missing maps.

That feature seems removed from octopus onward.

-- dan