Re: Questions RE: Ceph/CentOS/IBM

> > This is fundamentally not true.  Centos stream uses the "rolling
> release"
> > model, which means that it is not versioned (there will be no CentOS
> stream
> > 8,9,10,etc).
>
> Please read this instead of spreading such non sense:
>
> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-you-should-have-already-been-centos-
> stream-back-2019-smith/?trackingId=dPaTlPfqLABwcKbgGYV%2FuA%3D%3D

The reason why I am using centos7 is that I know that there is a el7 and they are identical. So if I have some sort of issue, I have the option to decide to get a license and paid support.

If centos stream != el8 this means this option is gone, it is that simple to me.

And as Matthew wrote "Starting of Ceph 4, RH does only support RHEL 7.x & 8.1.", and since Mark is only using "CentOS 8 stream for our upstream performance testing clusters", and not production there does not seem to be a valid argument for using stream. I do not really get even why you would like to have different os in your testing and production environment. If you look at this 'bug of the year' case, you would never discover this in your testing environment, and would be hit with it on your production.
And if such minor lz patch can take your whole cluster down, I cannot imagine what can all happen if you are getting more frequent uncontrolled(?), not verified(?) updates.