Re: Setting up NFS with Octopus

Hi,

I am still not sure if I need to create two different pools, one for NFS daemon and one for the export?

the pool (and/or namespace) you specify in your nfs.yaml is for the ganesha config only (and should be created for you), it doesn't store nfs data since that is covered via cephfs (the backend). So the data pool(s) of your cephfs are also storing your nfs data. The CephFS should already be present which seems true in your case.

I'm wondering if the name of your cephfs could be the reason for the failure, maybe it's hard-coded somewhere (wouldn't be the first time), but that's not more than an assumption. It could be worth a try, it shouldn't take too long to tear down the cephfs and recreate it. If you try that you should also tear down the ganesha pool just to clean up properly.

The detailed steps are basically covered in [1] (I believe you already referenced that in this thread though), I only noticed that the 'ceph nfs export ls' commands don't seem to work, but that information is present in the dashboard.

Also keep in mind that NFSv3 is not supported when you create the share.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephfs/fs-nfs-exports/

Zitat von "Jens Hyllegaard (Soft Design A/S)" <jens.hyllegaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

This is the output from ceph status:
  cluster:
    id:     9d7bc71a-3f88-11eb-bc58-b9cfbaed27d3
    health: HEALTH_WARN
            1 pool(s) do not have an application enabled

  services:
mon: 3 daemons, quorum ceph-storage-1.softdesign.dk,ceph-storage-2,ceph-storage-3 (age 4d) mgr: ceph-storage-1.softdesign.dk.vsrdsm(active, since 4d), standbys: ceph-storage-3.jglzte
    mds: objstore:1 {0=objstore.ceph-storage-1.knaufh=up:active} 1 up:standby
    osd: 3 osds: 3 up (since 3d), 3 in (since 3d)

  task status:
    scrub status:
        mds.objstore.ceph-storage-1.knaufh: idle

  data:
    pools:   4 pools, 97 pgs
    objects: 31 objects, 25 KiB
    usage:   3.1 GiB used, 2.7 TiB / 2.7 TiB avail
    pgs:     97 active+clean

  io:
    client:   170 B/s rd, 0 op/s rd, 0 op/s wr

So everything seems to ok.

I wonder if anyone could guide me from scratch on how to set up the NFS.
I am still not sure if I need to create two different pools, one for NFS daemon and one for the export?

Regards

Jens