Setting up NFS with Octopus

Hi.

We are completely new to Ceph, and are exploring using it as an NFS server at first and expand from there.

However we have not been successful in getting a working solution.

I have set up a test environment with 3 physical servers, each with one OSD using the guide at: https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/install/

I created a new replicated pool:
ceph osd pool create objpool replicated

And then I deployed the gateway:
ceph orch apply nfs objstore objpool nfs-ns

I then created a new CephFS volume:
ceph fs volume create objstore

So far so good 😊

My problem is when I try to create the NFS export
The settings are as follows:
Cluster: objstore
Daemons: nfs.objstore
Storage Backend: CephFS
CephFS User ID: admin
CephFS Name: objstore
CephFS Path: /objstore
NFS Protocol: NFSV3
Access Type: RW
Squash: all_squash
Transport protocol: both UDP & TCP
Client: Any client can access

However when I click on Create NFS export, I get:
Failed to create NFS 'objstore:/objstore'

error in mkdirs /objstore: Permission denied [Errno 13]

Has anyone got an idea as to why this is not working?

If you need any further information, do not hesitate to say so.

Best regards,

Jens Hyllegaard
Senior consultant
Soft Design