Re: Ceph OIDC Integration

Hello,

If it is possible for the uid that has been used for LDAP users to be the
same for OIDC users (which is based off the 'sub' field of the OpenID
connect token), then there are no extra migration steps needed.

Which version of Ceph are you using? In octopus, offline token validation
has been introduced, where an incoming web token is validated using the
certificate of the IDP.  Uptil Octopus, there were no shadow users for OIDC
users, but we have introduced  shadow user creation in the 'master' branch,
and that is done automatically when an AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity call is
made. So the metadata to look at right now would be <tenant>$<uid>$buckets
which stores the user stats and make sure that the same uid is being used
across both LDAP and OIDC (if that is possible), else there is a
radosgw-admin user rename command that will rename the user and update all
other metadata.

Also, please note that currently AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity has been tested
only with Keycloak. The documentation for STS in Octopus is here:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/radosgw/STS/

Thanks,
Pritha