Ceph OIDC Integration

Hello, we have integrated Ceph's RGW with LDAP and have authenticated users using the mail attribute successfully. We would like to shift to SSO and are evaluating the new OIDC feature in Ceph together with dexIdP with an LDAP connector as an upstream IdP.

We are trying to understand the flow of the user authentication and how it will effect my current LDAP users buckets which are already created in Ceph as LDAP users.

Will the Ceph RGW be able to pass the token to be verified to the IdP and what type of user will then be created in Ceph? Is this the intended way of OIDC integration?

Thanks for any assistance