Re: block.db/block.wal device performance dropped after upgrade to 14.2.10

a 2GB memory target will absolutely starve the OSDs of memory for rocksdb block cache which probably explains why you are hitting the disk for reads and a shared page cache is helping so much. It's definitely more memory efficient to have a page cache scheme rather than having more cache for each OSD, but for NVMe drives you can end up having more contention and overhead.  For older systems with slower devices and lower amounts of memory the page cache is probably a win.  FWIW with a 4GB+ memory target I suspect you would see far fewer cache miss reads (but obviously you can't do that on your nodes).

Mark