Re: block.db/block.wal device performance dropped after upgrade to 14.2.10

Here's some more insight into the issue.
Looks like the load is triggered because of a snaptrim operation. We have a
backup pool that serves as Openstack cinder-backup storage, performing
snapshot backups every night. Old backups are also deleted every night, so
snaptrim is initiated.
This snaptrim increased load on the block.db devices after upgrade, and
just kills one SSD's performance in particular. It serves as a block.db/wal
device for one of the fatter backup pool OSDs which has more PGs placed
there.
This is a Kingston SSD, and we see this issue on other Kingston SSD
journals too, Intel SSD journals are not that affected, though they too
experience increased load.
Nevertheless, there're now a lot of read IOPS on block.db devices after
upgrade that were not there before.
I wonder how 600 IOPS can destroy SSDs performance that hard.