From: Sharad Mehrotra <sharad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 1:03 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: help me enable ceph iscsi gatewaty in ceph octopus

Adding some additional context for my question below.

I am following the directions here:
https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/iscsi-target-cli/, but am getting
stuck on step #3 of the "Configuring" section, similar to the issue
reported above that you worked on.

FYI, I installed my ceph-iscsi package manually using these directions:
https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/iscsi-target-cli-manual-install, and
I am running CentOS 7.6 on the nodes where I am installing the iscsi
gateways.

Here is what happens when I try to create the first gateway:

/iscsi-target...-igw/gateways> create ceph-gw-1 10.0.201.66 skipchecks=true

*The first gateway defined must be the local machine*

/iscsi-target...-igw/gateways>

And here is my iscsi-gateway.cfg file.

[root@sv49 ceph]# cat iscsi-gateway.cfg

[config]

# Name of the Ceph storage cluster. A suitable Ceph configuration file
allowing

# access to the Ceph storage cluster from the gateway node is required, if
not

# colocated on an OSD node.

cluster_name = ceph

# Place a copy of the ceph cluster's admin keyring in the gateway's
/etc/ceph

# directory and reference the filename here

gateway_keyring = ceph.client.admin.keyring

# API settings.

# The API supports a number of options that allow you to tailor it to your

# local environment. If you want to run the API under https, you will need

# create cert/key files that are compatible for each iSCSI gateway node,
that is

# not locked to a specific node. SSL cert and key files *must* be called

# 'iscsi-gateway.crt' and 'iscsi-gateway.key' and placed in the
'/etc/ceph/' directory

# on *each* gateway node. With the SSL files in place, you can use
'api_secure = true'

# to switch to https mode.

# To support the API, the bear minimum settings are:

api_secure = false

# Additional API configuration options are as follows, defaults shown.

api_user = admin

api_password = admin

api_port = 5001

trusted_ip_list = 10.0.201.66, 10.0.201.67

Any help you can provide would be appreciated, thanks!

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 11:38 AM Sharad Mehrotra <sharad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Sebastian et al:
>
> How did you solve the "The first gateway
> defined must be the local machine" issue that I asked about on another
> thread?
>
> I am deploying ceph-iscsi manually as described in the link that you sent
> out (https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/iscsi-target-cli/).
> Thank you!
>

> On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 2:37 AM Sebastian Wagner <swagner@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> hi David, hi Ricardo,
>>
>> I think we first have to clarify, if that was actually a cephadm
>> deployment (and not ceph-ansible).
>>
>> If you install Ceph using ceph-ansible, then please refer to the
>> ceph-ansible docs.
>>
>> If we're actually talking about cephadm here (which is not clear to me):
>> iSCSI for cephadm will land in the next octopus release and at that
>> point we can add a proper documentation.
>>

>> Hope that helps,
>>
>> Sebastian
>>
>> Am 05.08.20 um 11:11 schrieb Ricardo Marques:
>> > Hi David,
>> >
>> > I was able to configure iSCSI gateways on my local test environment
>> using the following spec:
>> >
>> > ```
>> > # tail -14 service_spec_gw.yml
>> > ---
>> > service_type: iscsi
>> > service_id: iscsi_service
>> > placement:
>> >     hosts:
>> >         - 'node1'
>> >         - 'node2'
>> > spec:
>> >     pool: rbd
>> >     trusted_ip_list: 10.20.94.201,10.20.94.202,10.20.94.203
>> >     api_port: 5000
>> >     api_user: admin1
>> >     api_password: admin2
>> >     api_secure: False
>> >
>> > # ceph orch apply -i service_spec_gw.yml
>> > ```
>> >
>> > You can use this spec as a starting point, but note that the pool must
>> exist (in this case `rbd` pool), and you will need to adapt `hosts`,
>> `trusted_ip_list`, etc...
>> >
>> > You may also want to change `api_secure` to `True` and set `ssl_cert`
>> and `ssh_key` accordingly.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, iSCSI deployment is not included in the documentation
>> yet (coming soon).
>> >
>> > [1] https://docs.ceph.com/docs/octopus/cephadm/install/
>> >

>> > Ricardo Marques

*Sharad Mehrotra* | Chief Product Officer | Platina Systems |
sharad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | +1 408-300-3852