Re: cephadm and disk partitions

Jason,

The family and I are doing well, thanks for asking. I haven't worked
with Octopus yet, so I can't really talk towards that. Ceph
historically hasn't cared about physical disk layout, and personally I
think the Ceph code path is too heavy to really worry about
optimizations there. The LVM layer generally is pretty light and you
usually get more benefits than performance hit such relocating and
extending devices online. Sorry, I can't talk to how cephadm operates.

Robert LeBlanc

Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1