Re: cephadm and disk partitions

Jason,

Using partitions won't get you into trouble, but depending on the
version of Ceph you are using, you may want to leverage LVM instead of
partitions. For our Filestore cluster, we had two partitions on NVMe
to get more performance and it worked fine. I'm using LVM to carve out
NVMe drives for RocksDB and then an NVMe pool for CephFS metadata. The
problem with some of these configurations is that the tools don't set
them up well, so I did the partitioning/LVM setup with a script I
wrote, then just had Ceph use the final partition/LV.

Hope that helps,
Robert LeBlanc
Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1