Setting rbd_default_data_pool through the config store

Hi,

I'm trying to have clients read the 'rbd_default_data_pool' config option from the config store when creating a RBD image.

This doesn't seem to work and I'm wondering if somebody knows why.

I tried:

$ ceph config set client rbd_default_data_pool rbd-data
$ ceph config set global rbd_default_data_pool rbd-data

They both show up under:

$ ceph config dump

However, newly created RBD images with the 'rbd' CLI tool do not use the data pool.

If I set this in ceph.conf it works:

[client]
rbd_default_data_pool = rbd-data

Somehow librbd isn't fetching these configuration options. Any hints on how to get this working?

The end result is that libvirt (which doesn't read ceph.conf) should also be able to create RBD images with a different data pool.

Wido