Re: Ceph-deploy on rhel.

Hey Sathvik,

Am 26.07.20 um 02:22 schrieb sathvik vutukuri:
> Hey oliver,
>
> When I tried to do in RHEL ceph-deploy is trying to get rpm's from /nautilus/rhel7/noarch which is not available. Available for jewel version.

I sadly still don't understand the exact issue you have.
From your last mail, I thought your problem was not finding the ceph-deploy RPMs fro EL 7.

From this mail, it seems you have an issue installing ceph-radosgw?

Last time I did that with ceph-deploy on CentOS 7, I used nautilus, and it worked perfectly fine. As you can see, it installs the package "ceph-radosgw":
 https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy/blob/42f2b376542fde2d412505271fadbd22d73e5ea4/ceph_deploy/install.py#L56
which for nautilus comes from here:
 https://download.ceph.com/rpm-nautilus/el7/x86_64/
and even with jewel, ceph-radosgw never was in noarch, but found here:
 https://download.ceph.com/rpm-jewel/el7/x86_64/

Can you maybe share which command you tried and which error you got?

Using my crystal ball, my best guess would be you've manually set up the noarch repository only,
instead of using ceph-deploy to set up both noarch and x86_64 repos (or doing that manually).

Cheers,
	Oliver