Re: radosgw, public and private access on the same cluster ?

On 7/21/20 6:30 PM, Jean-Sebastien Landry wrote:
> Hi everyone, we have a ceph cluster for object storage only, the rgws are accessible from the internet, and everything is ok.

Is there a HTTP proxy in between?

> Now, one of our team/client required that their data should not ever be accessible from the internet.

First: Upload with a Private ACL. This means that Authentication is
always required to read the data.

> In any case of security bug/breach/whatever, they want to limit the access to their data from the local network.
>
> Before creating a second "private" cluster, is there a way to achieve this on our current "public" cluster?
>
> Is a multi-zone without replication would help me with that?
>
> A public rgws for public access on the "pub_zone", and a private rgws for private access on the "prv_zone"?
>
>     pubzone.rgw.buckets.data
>     prvzone.rgw.buckets.data
>
> If the "public" rgws is hacked, without the access_key/secret_key of the private zone, is there any possibilities to access the private zone?
>
> Does a multi-realms would help me to secure it more?
>
> Any input would be really appreciated.
>
> I don't want to put to much energy for false security and/or security by obscurity,
> so if these scenarios of multi-sites/multi-realms are useless, in a security point of view, please tell me. :-)

Why not work with a HTTP proxy in between that filters out specific
bucket names? Or only allows access to them if the client IP matches X.

This way two barriers need to be crossed:

- Filtering in the proxy
- RGW authentication

Wido