Adding OpenStack Keystone integrated radosGWs to an existing radosGW cluster

Hi all,

We run a simple single zone nautilus radosGW instance with a few gateway machines for some of our users. I've got some more gateway machines earmarked for the purpose of adding some OpenStack Keystone integrated RadosGW gateways to the cluster. I'm not sure how best to add them alongside the exiting radosGWs gateways/infrastructure. The options I think I have are:

1)      Add keystone integration to all radosGWs gateways. Simplest, but I have (possibly unfounded) concerns about issues with keystone causing problems for non OpenStack users (added authentication latency), and I'm not sure I fully understand how the OpenStack users/buckets will interact with our existing users.

2)      Add keystone integration to separate gateways. This keeps the radosGW servers separate, and deals with one of my concerns above.

3)      Add a separate radosGW zone/instance (not sure what the correct term is), and have separate gateways for this instance. Seems very heavyweight for what I'm trying to achieve, but that may be my inexperience talking.

4)      Something else entirely?

Cheers,
Tom

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that are not related directly to UKRI business are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of UKRI.