Re: Octopus: Recovery and backfilling causes OSDs to crash after upgrading from nautilus to octopus

Hi Dan,

Yes the require-osd-release is set to octopus. I did see the threads about the memory consumption with omap conversion. Since we did not experience any problems at all with the restarting of the osd's in terms of load or time I don't expect this is the issue. We gained control over the cluster by stopping the troubled osd's. We then manually exported some of the placement group (shards) from the troubled osd's and imported them into osd's that had no problems. We are now almost there.

kind regards,

Wout
42on

On 2020-07-05 22:33, Dan van der Ster wrote:
Since it's not clear from your email, I'm assuming you've also already done

    ceph osd require-osd-release octopus

and fully enabled msgr2 ?

Also, did the new octopus omap conversion complete already? There were
threads earlier that it was using loads of memory.
(see ceph config set osd bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount false in
the release notes).

-- Dan