Dealing with non existing crush-root= after reclassify on ec pools

I have reclassified a CRUSH map, using the crushtool to a class based ruleset.
I still have an ec pool with an older ec profile with a new non existing crush-root=hdd

I already switched the pool’s ruleset over to a newer rule with a newer ec-profile with a correct crush-root
But pool ls detail still shows:

pool 9 'data' erasure profile jerasure-3-1 size 4 min_size 3 …..

Jerasure-3-1 being the old profile with non existing crush-root

So what do I do now? Switching over the pool ruleset does not change the ec-profile, can I switch the ec-profile over?
What can I expect having a pool with a ec-profile with a non existing crush-root key?

Please advise.