I followed the advice from Wido "One system, one IP address" and everything works fine. So, you should be fine with one interface for MONs, MGRs, and OSDs.

Best
Willi

On 5/8/20 11:57 AM, Nghia Viet Tran wrote:
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. You mean one network interface for only MON hosts or for the whole cluster including OSD hosts? I’m confusing now because there are some projects that only useone public network for the whole cluster. That means the rebalancing, replicating objects and heartbeats from OSD hostswould affects the performance of Ceph client.

*From: *Martin Verges <martin.verges@xxxxxxxx>
*Date: *Friday, May 8, 2020 at 16:20
*To: *Nghia Viet Tran <Nghia.Viet.Tran@xxxxxxxxxx>
*Cc: *"ceph-users@xxxxxxx" <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
*Subject: *Re:  Cluster network and public network

Hello Nghia,

just use one network interface card and use frontend and backend traffic on the same. No problem with that.

If you have a dual port card, use both ports as an LACP channel and maybe separate it using VLANs if you want to, but not required as well.

--

Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.verges@xxxxxxxx <mailto:martin.verges@xxxxxxxx>
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx