mount issues with rbd running xfs - Structure needs cleaning

Hello All,

One of the use cases (e.g. machine learning workloads) for RBD volumes in
our production environment is that, users could mount an RBD volume in RW
mode in a container, write some data to it and later use the same volume in
RO mode into a number of containers in parallel to consume the data.

I am trying to test this scenario with different file systems (ext3/4 and
xfs). I have an automated test code that creates a volume, maps it to a
node, mounts in RW mode and write some data into it. Later the same volume
is mounted in RO mode in a number of other nodes and a process reads from
the file.

I dont see any issues with ext3 or 4 filesystems, but with XFS, I notice
that 1 or 2 (out of 6) parallel read-only mounts fail with "Structure needs
cleaning" error. What is surprising is that, the rest of 4 or 5 mounts will
be successful and I dont see any I/O issues on those - which suggests that
there shouldn't be any corruptions on the volume itself. Also note that
there is no other process writing to the volume at this time so no chance
of corruption that way.

I am doing xfs mounts with "ro,nouuid" mount options.

Any inputs on why I may be seeing this issue randomly?

Regards,
Shridhar