Re: mount issues with rbd running xfs - Structure needs cleaning

Den mån 4 maj 2020 kl 05:14 skrev Void Star Nill <void.star.nill@xxxxxxxxx>:

> One of the use cases (e.g. machine learning workloads) for RBD volumes in
> our production environment is that, users could mount an RBD volume in RW
> mode in a container, write some data to it and later use the same volume in
> RO mode into a number of containers in parallel to consume the data.
>
> I am trying to test this scenario with different file systems (ext3/4 and
> xfs). I have an automated test code that creates a volume, maps it to a
> node, mounts in RW mode and write some data into it. Later the same volume
> is mounted in RO mode in a number of other nodes and a process reads from
> the file.

Is the RW unmounted or not? You write "stopped writing" but that doesn't
clearly
indicate if you make it impossible or just "I ask it to not make much IO".
Given that many filesystems are doing very lazy writes, caches a lot and so
on,
it would be very important to make sure 1) ALL writes are done, which is
easiest with
umount I think and 2) that mounting clients knows can't write to it at all,
or otherwise
as someone said, it might still be updating some metainfo like the journals
or
"last mounted on /X" or whatever magic fs's store even while not altering
the files
inside the fs.

It's kind of hard to tell filesystems that are accustomed to being in
charge of all
mounted instances to sit in the back seat and not be allowed to control
stuff.