Question about ceph-balancer and OSD reweights

Hi all,

I'm running a Ceph Mimic cluster 13.2.6 and we use the ceph-balancer
in upmap mode. This cluster is fairly old and pre-Mimic we used to set
osd reweights to balance the standard deviation of the cluster. Since
moving to Mimic about 9 months ago I enabled the ceph-balancer with
upmap mode and let it do its thing but I did not think about setting
the previously modified reweights back to 1.00000 (not sure if this is
fine or would have been a best practice?)

Does the ceph-balancer in upmap mode manage the osd reweight
dynamically? Just wondering if I need to proactively go back and set
all non 1.00000 reweights to 1.00000.

Thanks all, I hope that makes sense!