Re: Ceph on CentOS 8?

On 12/2/19 11:16 AM, Jan Kasprzak wrote:
> 	Hello, Ceph users,
>
> does anybody use Ceph on recently released CentOS 8? Apparently there are
> no el8 packages neither at download.ceph.com, nor in the native CentOS package
> tree. I am thinking about upgrading my cluster to C8 (because of other
> software running on it apart from Ceph). Do el7 packages simply work?
> Can they be rebuilt using rpmbuild --rebuild? Or is running Ceph on
> C8 more complicated than that?

it took a while for the centos community to get the centos 8 buildroot
working in cbs.centos.org ... but it is usable now ... and we have got
our first Nautilus version built for C8 [1] (plus necessary deps)

we can't build centos-release-ceph-nautilus.el8 yet and there is some
work in progress still for that to happen [2] but the actual repo can
tested and consumed from [3]

the plan is to start testing these in upstream openstack CI as well, via
RDO, but any additional feedback/testing is very much welcomed

1. https://cbs.centos.org/koji/builds?tagID=1892
2. https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17041
3. https://cbs.centos.org/repos/storage8-ceph-nautilus-testing/x86_64/os/
--