Re: Issues with Nautilus 14.2.6 ceph-volume lvm batch --bluestore ?

Den mån 20 jan. 2020 kl 09:03 skrev Dave Hall <kdhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

Since upgrading to Nautilus (+ Debian 10 Backports), when I issue 'ceph-volume lvm batch --bluestore ....' it fails with

bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-0/) _read_fsid unparsable uuid

I previously had Luminous + Debian 9 running on the same hardware with the same OSD layout, but I decided to do a full wipe and start over.

I seem to recall some instances of "wiping" where it only writes some 100M or so to the beginning of old OSD drives, where LVM or some other part picks up on the old data, so make sure the "full wipe" actually is either using clean drives, or that you dd /dev/zero over a significant part of the disk, like 3-4G before handing it back to the new ceph installation.