object goes missing in bucket

Hey all,

Experiencing an odd issue over the last week or so with a single bucket in a Ceph Luminous (12.2.11) cluster. We occasionally get a complaint from the owner of one bucket (bucket1) that a single object they have written has gone missing. If we list the bucket, the object is indeed missing, and is not present if we look for it using `radosgw-admin bi list –bucket=bucket1`. If we dump the pool the object is placed using (rados -p <poolname> ls ) we can see the object is present in the pool.

Looking in the logs we are having a hard time finding any errors, and if we look at the rgw logs we can see the PUT, followed by a couple GETs and HEADs (we believe this to be client app verification) but never a DELETE. This incident has happened a couple of times over the past week, but only to this bucket. The bucket in question does average anywhere from 100-200ops per second based on the rgw usage logs. Any assistance in knowing where to look to see why these objects might be disappearing from the index would be greatly appreciated!

-Ben