Constant write load on 4 node ceph cluster

Hi all

We have a 4 node ceph cluster that runs generally fine. It is the storage backend for our virtualization cluster with Proxmox, that runs about 40 virtual machines (80% various Linux Servers). Now that we have implemented monitoring, i see that there is a quite constant write load of about 4-10MB/s throughout the whole day and even weekends, while read load clearly is bound to daily work hours.
I am wondering whats up with this. Is this normal?
Outside working hours, there is almost no read load, well under 1MB/s, while write Load stays relatively constant at around 5MB/s. During rebalancing of the Cluster, normal write load decreases significantly to under 1MB/s. Overall performance is not greatly affected by rebalancing as it is tuned to relatively slow backfills (osd_max_backfills = '3' | osd_recovery_max_active = '3')
After rebalance has been finished, the average write load of about 5MB/s reappears.
I have attached a little screenshot for reference.

Can someone shed a little light on this?
Thanks.

kind regards
Ingo Schmidt

IT-Department