Re: Ceph + SAMBA (vfs_ceph)

Sorry, but it took me a while to be able to get back to this.

So I learned that my Samba installation was faulty and there was no way I managedto fix it, so uninstalled Samba and started it over using anothr cluster server.

Installed Samba 4.8.3 using yum and compiled samba-4.8.3 to get vfs_ceph module following instructions from here:

https://blog.51cto.com/evely/2432206?source=dra

I have it set up and working and I followed you advice and shared a local directory to check if Samba was working.

I can mount this directory from another machine but my Ceph share fails with this:

"
[2019/09/04 15:50:37.480465,  1] ../source3/smbd/service.c:655(make_connection_snum)
  make_connection_snum: SMB_VFS_CONNECT for service 'cephfs' at '/' failed: Connection timed out
"

My ceph section is as follows:
[cephfs]
	create mask = 0777