Re: iostat and dashboard freezing

Hi Reed, Lenz, John

I've just tried disabling the balancer, so far ceph-mgr is keeping it's
CPU mostly under 20%, even with both the iostat and dashboard back on.

# ceph balancer off

was
[root@ceph-s1 backup]# ceph balancer status
{
    "active": true,
    "plans": [],
    "mode": "upmap"
}

now
[root@ceph-s1 backup]# ceph balancer status
{
    "active": false,
    "plans": [],
    "mode": "upmap"
}

We are using 8:2 erasure encoding across 324 12TB OSD, plus 4 NVMe OSD
for a replicated cephfs metadata pool.

let me know if the balancer is your problem too...

best,

Jake

MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Francis Crick Avenue,