Re: iostat and dashboard freezing

Yes, the problem still occurs with the dashboard disabled...

Possibly relevant, when both the dashboard and iostat plugins are
disabled, I occasionally see ceph-mgr rise to 100% CPU.

as suggested by John Hearns, the output of  gstack ceph-mgr when at 100%
is here:

http://p.ip.fi/52sV

many thanks

Jake

On 8/27/19 3:09 PM, Reed Dier wrote:
> I'm currently seeing this with the dashboard disabled.
>
> My instability decreases, but isn't wholly cured, by disabling
> prometheus and rbd_support, which I use in tandem, as the only thing I'm
> using the prom-exporter for is the per-rbd metrics.
>
>> ceph mgr module ls
>> {
>>     "enabled_modules": [
>>         "diskprediction_local",
>>         "influx",
>>         "iostat",
>>         "prometheus",
>>         "rbd_support",
>>         "restful",
>>         "telemetry"
>>     ],
>
> I'm on Ubuntu 18.04, so that doesn't corroborate with some possible OS
> correlation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Reed
>
>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:37 AM, Lenz Grimmer <lgrimmer@xxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:lgrimmer@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jake,
>>
>> On 8/27/19 3:22 PM, Jake Grimmett wrote:
>>
>>> That exactly matches what I'm seeing:
>>>
>>> when iostat is working OK, I see ~5% CPU use by ceph-mgr
>>> and when iostat freezes, ceph-mgr CPU increases to 100%
>>
>> Does this also occur if the dashboard module is disabled? Just wondering
>> if this is isolatable to the iostat module. Thanks!
>>
>> Lenz
>>
>> --
>> SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg
>> GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 247165 (AG Nürnberg)

Head Of Scientific Computing
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Francis Crick Avenue,
Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK.