Re: MON DNS Lookup & Version 2 Protocol

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 3:07 PM <DHilsbos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All;
>
> I'm trying to firm up my understanding of how Ceph works, and ease of management tools and capabilities.
>
> I stumbled upon this: http://docs.ceph.com/docs/nautilus/rados/configuration/mon-lookup-dns/
>
> It got me wondering; how do you convey protocol version 2 capabilities in this format?
>
> The examples all list port 6789, which is the port for protocol version 1.  Would I add SRV records for port 3300?  How does the client distinguish v1 from v2 in this case?

If you specify the default v1 port it assumes the v1 protocol and if
you specify the default v2 port it assumes the v2 protocol. If you
don't specify a port, it will try both v1 and v2 at the default port
locations. Otherwise, it again tries both protocols against the
specified custom port. [1]

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/mon/MonMap.cc#L398

--
Jason