Re: Bluestore Compression

Hi Ashley,

general rule is that compression switch do not affect existing data but controls future write request processing.

You can enable/disable compression at any time.

Once disabled - no more compression is happening. And data that has been compressed remains in this state until removal or overwrite or (under some circumstances when keeping it compressed isn't beneficial any more)  garbage collection. The latter is mostly triggered by some partial overwrite.

Thanks,

Igor