Re: ceph-volume activate runs infinitely

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 5:27 AM Robert Sander
<r.sander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The ceph-volume@.service units on an Ubuntu 18.04.2 system
> run unlimited and do not finish.
>
> Only after we create this override config the system boots again:
>
> # /etc/systemd/system/ceph-volume@.service.d/override.conf
> [Unit]
> After=network-online.target local-fs.target time-sync.target ceph-mon.target
>
> It looks like "After=local-fs.target" (the original value) is not
> enough for the dependencies.

Can you give a bit more details on the environment? How dense is the
server? If the unit retries is fine and I was hoping at some point it
would see things ready and start activating (it does retry
indefinitely at the moment).

Would also help to see what problems is it encountering as it can't
get to activate. There are two logs for this, one for the systemd unit
at /var/log/ceph/ceph-volume-systemd.log and the other one at
/var/log/ceph/ceph-volume.log that might
help.

The "After=" directive is just adding some wait time to start
activating here, so I wonder how is it that your OSDs didn't
eventually came up.