Re: Default Pools

You should be able to see all pools in use in a RGW zone from the radosgw-admin command. This [1] is probably overkill for most, but I deal with multi-realm clusters so I generally think like this when dealing with RGW.  Running this as is will create a file in your current directory for each zone in your deployment (likely to be just one file).  My rough guess for what you would find in that file based on your pool names would be this [2].

If you identify any pools not listed from the zone get command, then you can rename [3] the pool to see if it is being created and/or used by rgw currently.  The process here would be to stop all RGW daemons, rename the pools, start a RGW daemon, stop it again, and see which pools were recreated.  Clean up the pools that were freshly made and rename the original pools back into place before starting your RGW daemons again.  Please note that .rgw.root is a required pool in every RGW deployment and will not be listed in the zones themselves.

[1]
for realm in $(radosgw-admin realm list --format=json | jq '.realms[]' -r); do
  for zonegroup in $(radosgw-admin --rgw-realm=$realm zonegroup list --format=json | jq '.zonegroups[]' -r); do
    for zone in $(radosgw-admin --rgw-realm=$realm --rgw-zonegroup=$zonegroup zone list --format=json | jq '.zones[]' -r); do
      echo $realm.$zonegroup.$zone.json
      radosgw-admin --rgw-realm=$realm --rgw-zonegroup=$zonegroup --rgw-zone=$zone zone get > $realm.$zonegroup.$zone.json
    done
  done
done

[2] default.default.default.json
{
    "id": "{{ UUID }}",
    "name": "default",
    "domain_root": "default.rgw.meta",
    "control_pool": "default.rgw.control",
    "gc_pool": ".rgw.gc",
    "log_pool": "default.rgw.log",
    "user_email_pool": ".users.email",
    "user_uid_pool": ".users.uid",
    "system_key": {
    },
    "placement_pools": [
        {
            "key": "default-placement",
            "val": {
                "index_pool": "default.rgw.buckets.index",
                "data_pool": "default.rgw.buckets.data",
                "data_extra_pool": "default.rgw.buckets.non-ec",
                "index_type": 0,
                "compression": ""
            }
        }
    ],
    "metadata_heap": "",
    "tier_config": [],
    "realm_id": "{{ UUID }}"
}

[3] ceph osd pool rename <srcpool> <destpool>