Re: Default Pools

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:52 PM Brent Kennedy <bkennedy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was looking around the web for the reason for some of the default pools in Ceph and I cant find anything concrete.  Here is our list, some show no use at all.  Can any of these be deleted ( or is there an article my googlefu failed to find that covers the default pools?
>
> We only use buckets, so I took out .rgw.buckets, .users and .rgw.buckets.index…
>
> Name
> .log
> .rgw.root
> .rgw.gc
> .rgw.control
> .rgw
> .users.uid
> .users.email
> .rgw.buckets.extra
> default.rgw.control
> default.rgw.meta
> default.rgw.log
> default.rgw.buckets.non-ec

All of these are created by RGW when you run it, not by the core Ceph
system. I think they're all used (although they may report sizes of 0,
as they mostly make use of omap).

> metadata

Except this one used to be created-by-default for CephFS metadata, but
that hasn't been true in many releases. So I guess you're looking at
an old cluster? (In which case it's *possible* some of those RGW pools
are also unused now but were needed in the past; I haven't kept good
track of them.)
-Greg