Re: Does "ceph df" use "bogus" copies factor instead of (k, m) for erasure coded pool?

No, the problem is that a storage system should never tell a client
that it has written data if it cannot guarantee that the data is still
there if one device fails.

Scenario: one OSD is down for whatever reason and another one fails.
You've now lost all writes that happened while one OSD was down.
You never want this scenario if you care about your data.

I've worked on a lot of broken clusters and all cases of data loss
where related to running with min_size 1 or erasure coding with this
setting.

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich