Re: SSD Recovery Settings

Lots of good info there, thank you!  I tend to get options fatigue when trying to pick out a new system.  This should help narrow that focus greatly.

-Brent

From: Reed Dier <reed.dier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 12:48 PM
To: Brent Kennedy <bkennedy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SSD Recovery Settings

Grafana is the web frontend for creating the graphs.

InfluxDB holds the time series data that Grafana pulls from.

To collect data, I am using collectd daemons running on each ceph node (mon,mds,osd), as this was my initial way of ingesting metrics.

I am also now using the influx plugin in ceph-mgr to have ceph-mgr directly report statistics to InfluxDB.

I know two other popular methods of collecting data are Telegraf and Prometheus, both of which are popular, both of which have ceph-mgr plugins as well here and here.

Influx Data also has a Grafana like graphing front end Chronograf, which some prefer to Grafana.

Hopefully thats enough to get you headed in the right direction.

I would recommend not going down the CollectD path, as the project doesn't move as quickly as Telegraf and Prometheus, and the majority of the metrics I am pulling from these days are provided from the ceph-mgr plugin.

Hope that helps,

Reed