Re: SSD Recovery Settings

Beware of start using this influx. I have 80GB db, and I regret using
it. I have to move now to storing data in graphite. Collectd has also a
plugin for that.
Influx cannot downsample properly when having tags I think (still wait
for a response to this [0])
What I have understood is that with downsampled data you have to select
different source. That means changing / adapting your metrics. I think
this is better in graphite

Then I have had numerous strange things with influx. Logging format
changes out of the blue, I have the impression they do not even have
proper release strategy. It is difficult/impossible to do simple
arithmetic between results of queries. When I filed an issue for having
the home/end buttons work on the console and a option to escape out of
the influx shell. They were even replying with it works on macos. As if
anyone is ever going to host an influx production environment on macos.
Anyway the whole development team there is al in al giving a not
professional impression. Totally the opposite of what you will find here
at ceph. Maybe it is because of this trendy 'go' language they use.
Then the people of timescale did a much better job at using postgress as
a backend.

So if you only want to get things working quickly without hassle, and
see if it is working use influx. Otherwise use .... I cannot advice
graphite from experience yet, have to still look at it ;)

[0]
https://community.influxdata.com/t/how-does-grouping-work-does-it-work/7936/2