Re: 'ceph-deploy osd create' and filestore OSDs

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 at 18:31, Vasu Kulkarni <vakulkar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a way we can easily set that up without trying to use outdated tools?  Presumably if ceph still supports this as the docs claim, there's a way to get it done without using ceph-deploy?
It might be more involved if you are trying to setup manually, you can give 1.5.38  a try(not that old) and see if it works https://pypi.org/project/ceph-deploy/1.5.38/

 Not that old now.. but eventually it will be. :)

The goal was to revisit our deployment tools later (after getting the rest of the service working) and replace ceph-deploy with direct configuration of all the machines, so maybe having a deprecated piece of software around that needs to be replaced will help with that motivation when the time comes.

Thanks for your help!
   Matt