Re: Poor ceph cluster performance

Hi everyone,

Many, many thanks to all of you!

The root cause was due to a failed OS drive on one storage node. The
server was responsive to ping, but unable to login. After a reboot via
IPMI, docker daemon failed to start due to I/O errors and dmesg
complained about the failing OS disk. I failed to catch the problem
initially since  'ceph -s' kept showing HEALTH and the cluster was
"functional" despite of slow performance.

I really appreciate all the tips and advices received from you all and
learned a lot. I will carry your advices (e.g. using bluestore,
enterprise ssd/hdd, separating public and cluster traffics, etc) into
my next round PoC.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Cody