"rgw relaxed s3 bucket names" and underscores

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some clarification on what "rgw relaxed s3 bucket names = false” is intended to filter. In our cluster (Luminous 12.2.8, serving S3) it seems that RGW, with that setting set to false, is still allowing buckets with underscores in the name to be created, although this is now prohibited by Amazon in US-East and seemingly all of their other regions [0]. Since clients typically follow Amazon’s direction, should RGW be rejecting underscores in these names to be in compliance? (I did notice it already rejects uppercase letters.)

Thanks much!
Ryan Leimenstoll