Re: Default erasure code profile and sustaining loss of one host containing 4 OSDs

Hello Caspar

That makes a great deal of sense, thank you for elaborating. Am I correct to assume that if we were to use a k=2, m=2 profile, it would be identical to a replicated pool (since there would be an equal amount of data and parity chunks)? Furthermore, how should the proper erasure profile be determined then? Are we to strive for a as high as possible data chunk value (k) and a low parity/coding value (m)?

Kind regards

Ziggy Maes
DevOps Engineer
CELL +32 478 644 354