Re: CephFS with erasure coding, do I need a cache-pool?

Thanks, Linh!

A question regarding choice of NVMe - do you think an
Intel P4510 or P4600 would do well for WAL+DB? I'd
thinking about using a single 2 TB NVMe for 15 OSDs.
Would you recommend a different model?

Is there any experience on how many 4k IOPS one should
have for WAL+DB per OSD?

We have a few new BlueStore nodes in an older
cluster, and we use Intel Optanes for WAL. We wanted to
use them for DB too - only to learn that while fast
they're just to small for the DB for several OSDs ...
so I hope a "regular" NVMe is fast enough?

We currently use the Gigabyte D120-C21 server barebone
(https://b2b.gigabyte.com/Storage-Server/D120-C21-rev-100)
for our OSD nodes, and we'd like to use it in our
next cluster too, because of the high storage density
and the good hdd-price to server-price ratio.
But it can only fit a single NVMe-drive (we use one of
the 16 HDD slots for an U.2 drive and connect it to the
single M.2-PCIe slot on the mainboard).

Cheers,

Oliver