Re: Jewel/Luminous Filestore/Bluestore for a new cluster

We have been running a Luminous.04 + Bluestor for about 3 months in production. All the daemons run as docker containers and were installed using ceph-ansible. 540 spinning drives with journal/wal/db on the same drive spread across 9 hosts. Using librados object interface directly with steady 100MB/s writes to it.

We have not observed any major issues. We have had occasional OSD daemon crashes due to an assert which is a known bug but the cluster recovered without any intervention each time. All the nodes have been rebooted 2-3 times due to CoreOS updates and no issues with that either.

If you have any specific questions related to the cluster, please post them on this thread.

Subhachandra