How to run MySQL (or other database ) on Ceph using KRBD ?

Thanks for reading my questions!

I want to run MySQL on Ceph using KRBD because KRBD is faster than librbd. And I know KRBD is a kernel module and we can use KRBD to mount the RBD device on the operating systems.

It is easy to use command line tool to mount the RBD device on the operating system. It there any other ways to use RBD module , such as changing MySQL IO interface by using krbd interface?

I saw krbd.h and I found there was a little function interfaces blew to use. Whereas librdb offers us many interfaces such as create, clone a RBD device.

And I want to Verify my hypothesis blew:

1. Librbd provides a richer interfaces than krbd, and some functions cannot be implemented through krdb

2. Applications can only use krbd via the command line tool instead of code interfaces.

Thank you very much!!!

//interfaces in krbd.h
int krbd_create_from_context(rados_config_t cct, struct krbd_ctx **pctx);
void krbd_destroy(struct krbd_ctx *ctx);

int krbd_map(struct krbd_ctx *ctx, const char *pool, const char *image,
             const char *snap, const char *options, char **pdevnode);
int krbd_is_mapped(struct krbd_ctx *ctx, const char *pool, const char *image,
                   const char *snap, char **pdevnode);

int krbd_unmap(struct krbd_ctx *ctx, const char *devnode,
               const char *options);
int krbd_unmap_by_spec(struct krbd_ctx *ctx, const char *pool,
                       const char *image, const char *snap,
const char *options);

------
Jack Lee