Dashboard runs on all manager instances?

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from Jewel to Luminous and I'm therefore new to
using the Dashboard. I noted this section in the documentation:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/mgr/dashboard/#load-balancer

	"Please note that the dashboard will only start on the
	manager which is active at that moment. Query the Ceph
	cluster status to see which manager is active (e.g., ceph
	mgr dump). In order to make the dashboard available via a
	consistent URL regardless of which manager daemon is currently
	active, you may want to set up a load balancer front-end
	to direct traffic to whichever manager endpoint is available.
	If you use a reverse http proxy that forwards a subpath to
	the dashboard, you need to configure url_prefix (see above)."

However, from what I can see the dashboard is actually started on all
manager instances. On the standby instances it simply has a redirect to
the active instance. So the above documentation would look to be
incorrect?

I was planning to use Apache's mod_proxy_balancer to just pick the
active instance, but the above makes that tricky. How have others solved
this? Or do you just pick the right instance and go direct? Or maybe I'm
missing a config option to make the dashboard only run on the active
manager?

Thanks,
Tim.

--