Re: Luminous, RGW bucket resharding

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Sam Wouters <sam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Orrit,
>

> On 04-12-17 18:57, Orit Wasserman wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Andreas Calminder
>> <andreas.calminder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> With release 12.2.2 dynamic resharding bucket index has been disabled
>>> when running a multisite environment
>>> (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21725). Does this mean that resharding
>>> of bucket indexes shouldn't be done at all, manually, while running
>>> multisite as there's a risk of corruption?
>>>
>> You will need to stop the sync on the bucket before doing the
>> resharding and start it again after the resharding completes.
>> It will start a full sync on the bucket (it doesn't mean we copy the
>> objects but we go over on all of them to check if the need to be
>> synced).
>> We will automate this as part of the reshard admin command in the next
>> Luminous release.
> Does this also apply to Jewel? Stop sync and restart after resharding.
> (I don't know if there is any way to disable sync for a specific bucket.)

In Jewel we only support offline bucket resharding, you have to stop
both zones gateways before resharding.
Do:
Execute the resharding radosgw-admin command.
Run full sync on the bucket using: radosgw-admin bucket sync init on the bucket.
Start the gateways.

This should work but I have not tried it ...
Regards,
Orit